Project Assistant - CradleME
MCD Public Health, a division of Medical Care Development (MCD), Inc., is seeking a talented individual to serve as a Project Assistant to provide staff support for the Maine CDC, CradleME Program. The position will be housed at the KeyBank Building with Maine CDC staff in Augusta. The position requires a person with both a keen attention to detail and follow through to meet deadlines. The Project Assistant position is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD's benefit package. This position is funded through December 31, 2017 with anticipated continued funding.
The Project Assistant will monitor and process referrals for the CradleME program and help provide office and administrative support to the CradleME program, requiring operation of office equipment, knowledge of office processes, and diverse clerical functions.
The Project Assistant will have primary responsibility for the following tasks within the Maine CDC:
1. Monitor the CradleME Referral fax Line Monday through Friday except for holidays.
2. Process incoming faxes within one (1) business day of receiving the fax. Processing includes:
a. Receiving CradleME faxes and entering data into MeCDC data system to open cases.
b. Forwarding faxes to the appropriate service provider based on the outcome of referral assessment.
c. Following up with a phone call to the service provider, if requested, to verify the fax was received.
d. Create a SurveyMonkey database and enter the referral data into it after processing each referral.
e. Responding to incomplete faxes with a request to the service provider for completed information.
f. Tracking incomplete referral data for follow-up with referents.
3. Create and use varied correspondence formats and compose standard business correspondence.
4. Create basic graphics/illustration/publication work to produce informational materials including maps, charts, and graphs involving drafting, formatting, illustrating, lettering, and manipulating text and graphics in electronic and written form.
5. Develop and use computerized formats and/or graphics for forms, pamphlets, graphs, charts, tables, and/or maps.
6. Examine documents/information, determine facts, detect errors and irregularities, and take action as authorized
7. Perform routine, occasional secretarial duties such as complete work schedules, arrange appointments, arrange travel/lodging, and review documents to respond to requests.
8. Write regular and/or periodic reports.
The individual in this position will interact with key internal and external stakeholders and therefore must possess excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision. Successful applicants will be energetic, self-starters who are able to function comfortably in a team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public. A Bachelor's degree in health-related field is preferred; however, equivalent related work experience may be considered. Competencies among successful candidates are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
Interested applicants must send a separate cover letter indicating the position you are applying for along with your salary requirements, a current resume, and two writing samples plus contact information (including telephone number) for three professional references. Applications must be received by Monday, April 24, 2017 and are to be emailed to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org with "Project Assistant - CradleME" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer